Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 2

The sound of singing brought us out of our bunks this morning. It wasn't the beautiful melodic type of singing that draws cute furry woodland creatures to the window sill. These songs were the involuntary type ripped from one's soul as glacier cold water cascades down the human body. I smiled as I heard the singing because I had taken the first shower of the morning and had nothing left to do but listen with twisted glee as others tried to do the impossible. Shower without getting wet.

Today is going to be a great day.
Half of us head to an open air market as the rest begin sorting mounds of stuffed animals, pencils, toys, and the rest of the items you so thoughtfully supplied us. We are filling large black garbage bags with food. Families from el funez won't have to wonder where their next meal will come from this week.

2 comments:

  1. I know its hard not getting any sleep but just remember y'all are doing this in the name of the lord. I miss all of you so so so much! I'm so blessed that y'all are helping the people in Honduras. They sure do need it. I love y'all! I miss y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear from you guys and glad you all got your answered prayer for a shower. He does answer prayers just not always the way we think He should. There is always more to learn about our prayer life :-) Hope all went well today and praying for you all continuously. Miss ya'll so much.

    ReplyDelete