Thursday, June 24, 2010

amazing week in honduras!

This week has been absolutely amazing, I am so excited to be here. We only have a few days left but im prepared to put my all into it.

The dump was the most unbelievable and unforgettable place i have visited in all my life. The smell was horrible, and i felt so hopeless and confused. I didnt know what i could do to even help, it made me miserable. I cant imagine in my worst dreams having to dig through 4 or 5 feet of garbage that had the worst stench for just a couple of dollars. It wasnt a very pleasant place to be. It was very uncomfortable.

The hospital escuela was very emotional but it made me feel good to see the smiles of the little kids we sat with, and played with. Their faces seemed to brighten up just as we would walk in the room. It was a great experience, I got alot out of it. I asked every child i talked to, como estas? (how are you) and EVERY kid said bien!. which means good. Im glad we could make their day by just talking to them and spending time with them and maybe giving them a toy or two.

Casa de esperanza is a childrens home located on one of the mountains we've been working on. This place in fact has been my favorite so far. The first day we went I didnt really do much, I talked to a few kids and thats it. Yesterday we went for a second time, and it was amazing. I met this little girl named Cindy and she is 8 years old. She pretty much dragged me around everywhere. I made a very good connection with her, She reminds me of my little sister Ally, who i miss VERY much. I get sad when i think about Cindy because we're leaving in a few days and i probably wont see her for another year or two. On a brighter note she wanted to take several pictures of me and her, so i'll be able to keep one at home! And when we print them off im going to send them to her via mail. These kids have stolen my heart, and i can honestly say, they will be the hardest part about leaving. Im so excited because we get to go back one more time before we leave! yay!

Once again, This week has been a real life changer for me and several other amigos on this trip. I plan to come back whenever we can. And i STRONGLY encourage everyone to attend the next trip taken to honduras, it will give you a new look on life. I miss my mom and ally so much, but if you can leave your family for 8 days then you should, without a doubt come along on the next trip. Well its getting pretty late and I gotta be up by 7;15, ugh! so i hope everyone back home is having a good week, and not missing me too much;) haha just kidding. see yall soon!

Matthew Ferguson

3 comments:

  1. Dear Matthew,
    I do miss you Matthew! And it made me smile from ear to ear knowing that you made friends with Cindy who Terri Tindall has sent pictures to me for years of because I pray for Cindy everyday as Terri asked me to...Terri has sent me many emails with Cindy's picture included and although I have never met Cindy I feel I know this sweet child. Her birthday is coming in July and I try to let her know I am thinking about her every July.

    Your life shows what your words tell-that daily walking with God really makes all the difference.

    I know you are tender hearted and very emotional when faced with the horrors of the dump, oh the horror! I too cannot feel anything but emotional pain when hearing about it. May the God of hope fill you with joy and peace as you trust in HIM. So that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Thank you for all you do and the blessing you are.
    God bless you and your ministry in Honduras.

    Almighty God You've held plans for these little ones ...You give each life a call...and a reason for being created Matthew wants to be a house you have built ..a living temple that you have filled...Our lives are not our own..Lord we belong to you alone..Our greatest joy is found in knowing YOU!

    Love you Matthew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Matthew! Im so proud of you about making these peoples lives change! I know it was VERY hard seeing "The Dump" but aren't we thankful to live in a country where we dont have to do that? God is so good! Im happy that you met a friend named Cindy, and I know you miss Ally a lot, but dont worry you will see your family soon! And Matthew, that joke at the end of your blog was so not true! I miss you SO much! I love yall and miss yall! keep making kids and adults smile! I cant wait till yall get back! miss yall and love yall!
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matthew, I loved your blog. It helps so much to hear all of you describe the way the things ya'll have been involved in affect each of you....I miss you so much, can't wait for all of you to get home. I know it will be craziness again and thats what i'm used to. We are all so blessed and we have a wonderful family and GOD to love and be loved by. Love you lots, can't wait to hear all of the other stories you have to share. Love, mom

    ReplyDelete