Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Aroma of Christ

In the last three days of my life I have been so amazed at God's work. Not particulary the physical work (although He built two homes for families that had no place to live before and He handed out food for around 600 people in two different trips to the city dump and He touched the lives of many children in the hospital today.) But His work in the life of a boy that was given a trip to honduras two saturdays ago has been tremendous. His work in my life has been so hardcore that I can do nothing but submit. The passion He has put in my life for the work that is done here and the work that is done at home in Alabama has been renewed with a Passion that I have never felt before. Last year I had the opportunity to come to Honduras and work and it was awesome. But this year is different. In these three days here I have been in this beautiful country my eyes have been opened as wide as they have ever been. This is what I want to do. I want to serve in this way I want to serve in Missons whether it's in Northport, AL or Honduras or wherever God sends me and I believe with all my heart that God is calling me to it. So I guess all there is left to do is submit. Fully!! It's time to stop fighting God and submit to his will in my life and I can honestly say that I have never felt more sure and have not been happier about anything else in my life!

cole medders

3 comments:

  1. You are and always have been so beautiful = from the top of your head to the tips of your toes =but most of all in your wonderful, beautiful heart. I am certain that I could not have been more blessed than when He gave you to me. I love you, Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so PRETTY! I LOVED IT AND IM HAPPY YOUR YOU MY BROTHER!!!!!!!!!! WELL,I HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON!!! YOUR BABY SISTER,
    KATIE:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am truly humbled by your words and can feel the love you have for this cause deep in my soul. I have always been proud of you my brother, but I am at a loss in trying to put words to my admiration for you at this moment. Just reading about the amazing experience you have had has inspired me. Reading about the misfortune of those people and of the help you have all provided to these families through His love has shed a new light on my "problems". Thank you for opening my eyes more to the blessings in my life and helping me cast away my feelings of despair. God is so good my brother and I know he smiles down at you every day.

    ReplyDelete