Thursday, June 24, 2010

Es o es que yo dije

Hello all. We have had an awesome week. No way on God's earth I can explain in a simple blog paragraph all the things we have experienced here. There are no words to describe the joy felt when you see a single mother with her children stepping into their new home. We have built 3 already. We dedicated one to Ray Wood & another to Loyd & Sara Yates. I'm sorry I wasn't at the other so I'm not sure who it was built in honor of.
I will say only two things about "the dump". First of all, all capacity to complain about ANYTHING goes to zero when you see the place. Secondly I felt as close to God leading worship there than I have felt anyplace I can remember.
Miss all my girls. Can't wait to see everyone & make a feeble attempt to convey to everyone the experience. Love and Grace.- Bruce

4 comments:

  1. Hello Bruce
    Your willingness to do anything and everything to help those in need in Columbus, MS is always been your standard of Christianity so I KNOW YOU ARE LEAVING A FANTATIC IMPRESSION ON EVERY FAMILY YOU HAVE WORKED WITH IN HONDURAS. HONDURANS MUST ADORE ALL OF YOUR SERVANT HEARTS AS WE IN COLUMBUS DO. Thank you over and over again for all you are doing to serve the poor and the homeless and needy. It sounds like the time you have all been there has been full of blessings and we are praying for the final days of your trip to be successful and safe and wind up everything with no big problems.

    love you all, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Bruce,
    I can't spell...should have noticed that I messed up and mispelled a word...i meant to say FANTASTIC impression...sorry. ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mr. Bruce! Its great that yall are making a difference in other peoples lives. Wednesday, Calvin taught our class and he said that you and him are best friends and it made me smile because thats the kind of man you are! making everybody happy! :) Reading yalls blogs are amazing and I cant wait till I see yall again and I also cant wait to here yalls stories. I love yall very much and miss yall!
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! It is so amazing what the group is accomplishing. I have prayed for each of you and your families while you all have been away. I can't imagine what you all have seen or experienced. I can't wait to hear the stories of how many lives you all touched being Jesus to so many people. I pray for everyones continued safety and a good trip home in a few day.
    Because of a cross.....
    Gini Hartman

    ReplyDelete