Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wednesday

Well...another day in Honduras! We awoke this morning after a great night of sleep to Julio's place (where we sleep and eat) to clouds at our elevation...have you ever experienced that? We were literally wrapped in a cloud! Except some of us didn't realize it...they thought it was raining. However, it wasn't raining. We were encompassed by a cloud at ground elevation (probably 3500 feet above sea level). It reminded me of being wrapped in God's love. Sometimes you don't realize it and sometimes you mistake it for something else, but it's always there!



We split up this morning. Paul, Janae, Matthew, Logan, Edna, Cassie, Emily, Emily, Andrew, Amy, Luis and Sady (our driver) went to the local hospital for the very poor. I will let some of them blog about their experiences.



Billy, Bruce, Matt, Leslie, Don, Cole, Mark, and Earl went to feed people at the dump again today. Today was different in that their were probably 500 people there sorting thru the acres of garbage.
We met one couple who labored every day scavenging for plastic. They collect it in a big garbage bag and sell it at the end of the day for 200 limpiras. This is a little less than 10$ american. And every day they repeat the process. Do the math. That's 50$ a week. 200$ a month. 2400$ a year. For a family of 3. Bruce shared a devotional with us last night that really made us think. The gist of it was how God uses the weak and the things that are not to confound and confuse the things of the world that are strong and wise in their own estimation (see 1 Corinthians). The statement was 'how sad it was that God has to bring us to the most wretched place we have ever seen to show us how content we should be...' thanks to Bruce for those good words. Matthew, Logan and Andrew have all shared great thoughts in devotionals so far.

Moms, Dads, sorry about this, but their are several teens who don't want to leave...

We miss you all. Keep the prayers going up.

grace and peace,
Billy

5 comments:

  1. Dear Billy and group in Honduras,
    I almost missed getting to read this report due to it being in a location you have to scroll down to see...I just want to express my thanks for all you are doing in this culture of poverty, Honduras. I recognize the significant contribution you all are making in the mission field.
    Your joy, determination, and devotion to Jesus Christ are a constant inspiration. I see in every experience written about that you all are willing to surrender to God's plan in your lives. Of this I am sure.
    Be safe and know that many prayers go up daily to strengthen you.
    Blessings,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for keeping us informed as to the amazing things you are doing there.

    p.s. You had better bring my daughter back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. there's this thing called a ransom we need to talk about...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Billy, its so good to hear from you in writing if I can't hear your voice. I know you are doing exactly what God has planned for you and what you love and for that I'm so happy :) However, since I'm not there with you I really can't wait for you to return home. Please tell MaryAnna and Claudia that Mrs. Lisa still thinks of them often and loves them. I hope that you find them well tom. I can't believe it but its probably been 4 years since being there with them. Give the rest of the group my well wishes, tell the boys to be nice to the girls and love them. Take care-please be safe. Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Billy and Paul and all of you hard working folks,
    I am sure you all get up every day and wonder what is ahead having yet another day in Honduras.
    I got an email late last night from Terri Tindall telling me the electricity and internet had been out 6 hours so I guess that explains why you could not post.
    I love to get news from all of you and when I heard lightning had hit something I just prayed that the weather would not be a problem for any of you. I hear there will be some rain there today. I really hope that it will not stop you all from doing anything you have planned to do today. You have some faithful fans reading every word on this blog so don't let us down if you can give us a report on the weather situation or whatever work you all are going to do today.

    We are enjoying some sunshine here for the moment but may not last long.

    Pearley is shelling peas from the farmer's market and hoping Sara and LeAnne will be around so I can share some of them when I cook them. LeAnne is bringing home Maddie and Jaden. Maybe they can go swimming when they get home if rain holds off. Not sure if LeAnne will leave Carla's today or tomorrow with the kiddos. I guess I am rambling.

    Love and much prayers for those there.
    Those left behind too.

    A blessed day to you. Ginger

    ReplyDelete