Saturday, June 26, 2010

End of the Week.

I'm so sad to say that this week is coming to a close. It's been so amazing and such a life-changer for me. The first couple of days were kind of rocky for me, because I didn't know what to expect really even though I'd been here before, but the days to follow that were some of the best memories I'll ever have...from the fun van rides to building to spending time with kids in the hospital. Wednesday was probably my favorite though, we went to Casa de Esperanza and I bonded with an awesome 8 year old kid named Jose and we had a blast, I taught him to say rock on in english and we jumped on the trampoline. He's me as an eight year old. And tomorrow I get to tell him face to face that we're going to be brothers, because I'm sponsoring him. So I'm very excited for that. Even though I'm not ready to leave some of the awesome people I've met, I am very ready to see my mom, Ally, and Cale. Thanks for all the prayers, they've all helped tremendously and I'm so ready to see everyone.

Thanks,
Logan.

4 comments:

  1. Logan! I'm so proud of you! I can't wait until I get to see y'all and y'all can tell me your stories! I love y'all and miss y'all! Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Logan,
    Just like you to begin a relationship with this eight year old, Jose. One that will make a difference for eternity. I give you a "high five " for writing your blog so well..you spell much better than I do for sure. Rock On Logan!! Love you much, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Logan, I'm so happy to finally read about some of your week. I'm so proud of all of my boys and so happy you've got to experience some great things this week. As much as I miss you and dad and Matt I'm still so excited and pleased with what you guys have gotten to be a part of and accomplish and even neater that your cousin Andrew was able to experience his first trip out of the country with the 3 of you. Can't wait to hear all about it when you guys get home. Will fix ya'lls favorite dinner and we'll spend the day/evening catching up. Much love to you and rest of the crew. Mom, Ally, Cale & Raegen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talked to Annette Miller this morning and we talked about how having our family members over there makes us hungry to hear every little tidbit of news....Taylor and I talked too about how we have tuned into this blog to hear every day so that we would feel up to date on everything. Sometimes you feel like somebody has put you on speaker phone and I feel stupid having to admit I am such a poor speller and mess up so much.

    The point is that we all who have read this blog has appreciated so much all of you writing your special parts because after working all day in the hot sun building a house or seeing sick children at the hospital or spending time at the dump meant the last thing you may have wanted to do was sit down and write. I am sure bed called louder that the computer did.

    I hope all of your worship was blessed today. We all enjoyed services at Columbus Church this morning. Jason, Tyler and Greg have done excellent filling it. Calvin picked some good songs to lead this morning and we all enjoyed the song service.

    Sunnybrook guy did say a lot of interesting things as well and it made me think about orphans, child neglect and child abuse that those kids come from.

    Housework calling. Yes, even on the Lord's day there are chores that I have to get done.
    Love you all,

    ReplyDelete