Thursday, June 24, 2010

Finally Here!

After three years of cancelled trips, I could not have been more excited to finally get back to my home away from home. God is doing so many wonderful things through us. The children are just as wonderful as I remember. I have made so many new and wonderful friends. Overall, it has been just an amazing experience. Casa de Esperanza has been my favorite part so far, but I know that God has so much more work left to do through us individually and as a group. This year's trip has been a happier one than past ones. I have had the privilege to see how the hospital has improved. On yesterday's trip to Hospital Escuela, I had the opportunity to view the new neonatal unit. It was very hard to see the pain, but it was so great to see how the facility has improved since my last visit. There is nowhere else I would rather be right now! I hope that everyone at home is doing well; I miss you terribly.

All my love,
Emily Chaffin

4 comments:

  1. Dear Emily,
    I have tried to send this twice...lost the first one and can't be sure if I can get it to send this time. But I will try again...
    Reading all of your thoughts and all of the comments so far, is a reminder everyday that much good can come from a horrible situation. I know you are enjoying visits to Casa de Esperanza (hug Terri and Marc for me) and the children love to get your attention...all 17 of them. One of them is Cindy. Her 9th birthday is July 26th. I wish I could be there to tell her Happy Birthday personally. I will get a gift in the mail soon for Cindy. I should have sent her gift in your suitcase and never had time to do it before all of you left. Hugs to Cindy from me if you get the opportunity.

    It is awesome hearing about an improved hospital...because I was there and saw it years ago and like you saw much room for improvement.

    Emily your blog report is awesome. You are a female version of Jesus! Keep up the good work.

    Looking forward to seeing everyone back home safe and sound.

    Tell Paul I miss my son in law. Tell Billy I miss my preacher..Love, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Emily, Would just like to say I totally concur with Mrs. Ginger and you being a female version of Jesus. I have been keeping up through Billy. Can't wait to hear all the details of the trip from everyone. Hope all continue to be safe and thought you should all know the Mocks are having special prayer time for all of you there serving. Tell my family I love them and miss them. I'm so proud of all of you. Billy says the college and teen group have been amazing working together and playing together and for that I'm also thankful. He loves this small group serving together I hope the rest of you have the same opinions. Love to all, Mrs. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Emily! I think exactly what Mrs. Ginger and Mrs. Lisa said. You are a terrific female version of Jesus! Tell my chrisitan family i love them and miss them! Hearing about yall blessing these peoples lives make me have a big grin on my face because I know that they are happy as ever! And I know it was hard seeing the pain at the hospital but just think they are getting help just like we are with our hospital! Your blog and everyone elses have been amazing and they are such a blessing to me! I am so looking forward to seeing my family that went up there back safe and sound. I cant wait to hear yalls stories! I love yall so much and miss yall!
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is good, Emilia! We miss you but know that you are where God wants you to be. Give Marc and Terri our love and tell her that she is always in Aaron's thoughts and prayers. Be safe, Angel, and know that "I thank my God in all my remembrance of you." :)

    Love Always, Me

    ReplyDelete